Hello guys we are back with some interesting tricks that will help you all boosting your mathematical skills.Below tricks will help you perform calculations easily without the need of a calculator.You can Impress your teachers, parents or friends by using this tricks.So have a look at them.
This is a very cool trick to remember the first seven digits of pi, count the number of letters in each word of the sentence:
“How I wish I could calculate pi.”
This gives 3.141592.(There are various tricks to remember value of pi correctly but i found this trick much better.)
Multiply Large Numbers in Your Head
To easily multiply two double digit numbers, use their distance from 100 to simplify the math:
- Subtract each number from 100.
- Add these values together.
- 100 minus this number is the first part of the answer.
- Multiply the digits from Step 1 to get the second part of the answer.
Multiplying by 6
If you multiply 6 by an even number, the answer will end with the same digit. The number in the tens place will be half of the number in the ones place.
Example: 6 x 6 = 36
Superb Divisibility Rules
You’ve got 210 chocolates and want to know whether or not you can split them evenly within your group. Rather than using calculator, we can use these simple shortcuts to calculate on our head:
- Divisible by 2 if the last digit is a multiple of 2 (210).
- Divisible by 3 if the sum of the digits is divisible by 3 (522 because the digits add up to 9, which is divisible by 3).
- Divisible by 4 if the last two digits are divisible by 4 (2540 because 40 is divisible by 4).
- Divisible by 5 if the last digit is 0 or 5 (9905).
- Divisible by 6 if it passes the rules for both 2 and 3 (408).
- Divisible by 9 if the sum of the digits is divisible by 9 (6390 since 6 + 3 + 9 + 0 = 18, which is divisible by 9).
- Divisible by 10 if the number ends in a 0 (8910).
- Divisible by 12 if the rules for divisibility by 3 and 4 apply.
Example: The 210 chocolates may be evenly distributed into groups of 2, 3, 6, 10.
If anyone of you have some tricks then please comment so that everyone can boost their mathematical skills.