Interesting and Amazing Facts About Maths
Words such as formula, equation and calculation sounds boring for those who hate Maths as a subject so here are some of the mind boggling facts about maths which are really very interesting. Lets have a look
- Zero is the only number that can’t be represented in roman numerals.
- 2 and 5 are the only prime numbers that end with a 2 or a 5.
- The opposite sides of a dice always add up to seven. From number 0 to 1000.
- An icosagon is a shape with 20 sides.
- 40 when written “forty” is the only number with letters in alphabetical order, while “one” is the only one with letters in reverse order.
- In 1900, all the world’s mathematical knowledge could be written in 80 books; today it would fill more than 1,00,000 books.
- Zero is the only number known with so many names which include zip, zilch, nil, nought, naught.
- If you write out pi to two decimal places, backwards it spells “pie”.( 3.14 = PIE.)
- if you multiply 111,111,111 by 111,111,111, this becomes equal to 12,345,678,987,654,321 it also works for smaller numbers: 111 × 111 = 12321.
- Abacus is considered the origin of the calculator.
- Have you heard about a Palindrome Number? It is a number that reads the same backwards and forward, e.g. 12421.
- The number 9 is believed to be a magical number with certain very interesting properties. This is because if you multiply a number with 9, and add all the digits of the resulting number, the sum would always come out to be 9.
- Here is an interesting trick to check divisibility of any number by number 3.A number is divisible by three if the sum of its digits is divisible by three (3).
- What comes after a million, billion and trillion? A quadrillion, quintillion, sextillion, septillion, octillion, nonillion, decillion and undecillion.
- Among all shapes with the same area circle has the shortest perimeter.