Hiding text within an image file is one of the tricks used in Steganography. Using this trick you can hide any text information or a message within an image file irrespective of the fact that how long your information or message is.So, lets see how to do it. Follow the steps below.
- Choose an image file. For example: abc.jpg
- Place this image in one of the drives in your computer system(running on Windows operating system only). Lets say you place it in /:D drive
- Open command prompt. (Press Windows+R, type ‘cmd’ and press ‘Enter’ key)
- Type following command: cd.. and press ‘Enter’ key. Repeat this step until you left with C:/> on your command prompt window.
- Now, type D: and press ‘Enter’ key. Now, your command prompt is able to locate D: drive.
- Type following command very carefully:echo “Type your message here” >> “abc.jpg” and press ‘Enter’ key. Do mind the spaces given and braces I put in the command.If everything went perfect, Your text has been hidden within the image file abc.jpg.
- In order to see the hidden text, Right-click ‘abc.jpg’ image file and open it with ‘Notepad’.
- Simply, scroll down to the end or just keep pressing ‘Page dn’ key.
- Here you’re!You can see the text (you typed in Step 6) in simple readable form in the end.
Now you are able to transfer message within an image file if anything goes wrong in above process then feel free to ask in the comment box below.